Saturday, December 20, 2008

countdown to the fam

The fam arrives tomorrow morning! Unfortunately I hafta work a half day, but knowing them it'll take at least that long to maneuver from the SFO airport to their hotel. So it's not a disaster that I'll be at work. I have to put in one full day Monday and a half day Tuesday. My awesome co-manager worked something out and Wednesday I'm free the whole day. Honestly, I don't know what we'll do. We don't do presents on Christmas Eve. So who knows. Dinner, obviously... drinks? Maybe. Maybe my bro and a friend or two will find a place that's open while the parents konk out. Thursday morning is presents of course, and then brunch, and then sightseeing and then a movie. My parents are fighting over what we will see. I want to see



But my parents want to see



My parents fighting with me to see a Jim Carrey movie is a far cry from when I was 13 and dying to see 'Dumb & Dumber'. My bro will be the deciding force and I feel like he'll lean more towards Carrey than Pitt. Oh well. Heck, I won't complain so long as my mom bakes the hell out of some Christmas cookies. Gimme a ziploc of those to take to the theater and I'll sit through a snuff film.

1 comment:

hy said...

ha ha...
your a cookie junkie too?

good luck with the family.. that can get a bit tricky...
xo
mary jane