Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE '08

My first time voting was 4 years ago, for the Bush-Kerry showdown. I was 22 and totally clueless when I went into the booth about how to physically make the lever thingy work.

This time, I was even more nervous than I did when I first walked in. It was easy to figure out of course, but seriously, it's not just BS what they're saying... that this is one of the most important, historic votes in our nation's history... it IS one of the most important and historic votes, if not THE most important and historic.

Potential firsts-- Obama the first black president, McCain the oldest, Palin the first woman VP-- and the country can go one way or another entirely. It's exciting. It's nerve-wracking. Ack. We were going to a bar to watch the election but maybe Owen and I will just get some pizza and stay in. But wow, I can imagine the party that'll erupt here in hippie Berkeley should Obama win. ;)

Anyway, blah blah blah. I'm saying just what everyone else has been saying! I'm gonna wrap up some stuff at work and then head home. Maybe I'll share some art or something. Just you wait!

No comments: